Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Okay, so all of you girls know that Desdemona gave me a very unique gift. This gift was to me, but it was also to 20 children. She fed 20 children (ahem, in MY honor :) for a week. I've been thinking a lot about this for the past hour and a half. 20 starving children are going to be fed with food. I am so excited for this. I honestly have never felt such joy before. Those aching tummies are going to be fed with warm, delicious morsels of food. While all of this is overwhelmingly joyful, I can't help but stop and think about whether these same children are being fed with love. And then I become sad--so sad that my heart feels like it might break. Beautiful, innocent, deserving children are aching for a drop of tender love. Just one drop might satisfy their quench, but they remain thirsty. Children drop dead every day without someone's arms to die in. They yearn for a kiss, a hug, and a warm word of love, but yet they never receive it. This is going on RIGHT NOW. And why? Because the rest of us are so darn comfy that we don't even give a thought to the daily lives of suffering children. I wish I could smack all of those rich celebrities. I see commercials where some famous actor or actress is asking us, the people who struggle daily to make ends meet, to help him/her feed starving people. Um, dude/dudette, wake up and smell the coffee-YOU are the one with the millions of dollars. YOU are the one who could stop hunger in a blink of an eye if you looked beyond your own world. This makes me so angry! Bill Gates, for instance, is a freakin' billionaire. WHY isn't he giving his money away to help causes that are so much more important that Microsoft Word? We can live without technology, people. We can't live without food, however, and millions are without food. Hello? Seriously, do you NOT realize that? Bill Gates, I am going to write you a letter, and it is not going to be filled with praises for your genius. No, it is going to be filled with complaints because your money is being absolutely wasted.

Okay, I was actually not intending to vent. But honestly, sometimes I feel so guilty that I even have a bed to sleep in. Why do I even dream of getting married and settling down? Why do I pray that someday a Prince Charming might come into my life and sweep me off my feet? No, tonight I decided I want a warrior who will help me fight this battle that the devil is so ravenously trying to win. And he is winning!

I'm 18 now (man, that feels SO good to say!). I can, will, and must do something. I think I will go crazy if I don't.

Little children of the world, you don't know who I am. But I love you so very, very much, and you're on my mind constantly. I WILL come to feed you all the love you've ever desired!







1 comment:

  1. That's great! Me too! Can you imagine being a missionary?! Or a missionary family!?!

    ReplyDelete