
These bridesmaid dresses are something I'm considering. I want my wedding to be sweet, simple, and elegant. I also want my husband to be sweet, simple, and elegant. Maybe not elegant. Suave. Boo yah.


Modest wedding dresses are so much more beautiful than your typical wedding dress. It's so cool how Jesus meant for women to cover themselves, and we look the best when we DO cover ourselves.
This is a quote from one of my history textbooks (I was studying about the women's rights movement):
"Some have tried to become semi-men by putting on the Bloomer dress. Let me tell you in a word why it can never be done. It is this: woman, robed and folded in her long dress, is beautiful. She walks gracefully...If she attemmps to run, the charm is gone. Take off the robes, and put on pants, and show the limbs, the grace and mystery are all gone."
I agree with this 100%. There IS a very particular grace and mystery when a woman is adorned in a dress (a modest one :). It's good to be a woman.

ooooh, thats puurty!!! :D J'adore.
ReplyDeleteI love that quote! It's awesome. Although, I don't think that women in long dresses automatically walk gracefully-I wore a long, flowing skirt on Wednesday, and I did a faceplant on the stairs at Normandale...*giggles*
So, I'm sitting in a silent room right now--with three other people. After I read "I wore a long, flowing skirt on Wednesday, and I did a faceplant on the stairs at Normandale", I burst out laughing, destroying the silence. I love you, Ms. Clumsy!
ReplyDeleteLovely! Yes, you know where I stand on wearing long modest skirts.
ReplyDelete