The swan, like the soul of the poet, by the dull world is ill understood.~HeineI love swans. I was just thinking about them today. Just look at them. They're gorgeous, graceful creatures. They look delicate, demure, and feminine.
Yet, lying dormant within them are reservoirs of titanic strength that they draw on to fly over 2000 miles.
That's strength. It's a beautiful sort of strength. A strong, quiet type of strength-shy, demure, quiet. Not brash, demanding attention, but simply doing what needs to be done without fuss or complaint. That's the kind of strong I strive/hope/wish/want to be.



"And they mate for life"
ReplyDeleteThat made me guffaw (I hate that word, so why am I using it?). And yes, I agree with this post. Swans are simply beautiful. Dude, word up, next time I fill out papers asking me my race, I'm just going to put "Swan/Peachy". My mom doesn't think I look like an apricot, but more like a peach. Pshhhh. =P
I definitely agree! :) That was a lovely post, Addie!
ReplyDeleteThanks, dearies! :D
ReplyDeleteA lovely post!
ReplyDeleteJoyfully in Christ,
Grace Marie