Wednesday, December 23, 2009


Ok, so recently(as in the last 48) hours I realized that there are two things of great importance to me right now:


1. Having Passion!! There is an Adoration chapel(unfortunately not our Church's) which has a book entitled: Forgotten Among the Lilies: Learning to Love Beyond Our Fears. I know that this sounds like some "warm, fuzzy, watered-down" religious book, but it's actually very authentically Catholic!!! There was one chapter about passion that was great. Basically, it said that passion has been associated with worldliness for the last few hundred years. However, since passion is related to perseverance and steadfastness the "world" has been rejecting passion lately. The world is now pushing for relativeness and no love or passion. The Church has meanwhile been fighting for passion (think Humanae Vitae and the JPII's encyclical on hope). I mean, in order to really do or be anything amazing, you have to have passion. (Things like "soft-hearted, nice, and cozy" don't come to mind when thinking of the passionate saints.) So, put this book on your reading lists and enjoy!

2. Planning your life around a vocation not a career. I talked to a nun today, who came home to visit her family. There are sisters in her order who came right out of high school. She saw no problems with this. The moral of this story is: Don't go back to college, instead: stay and discern your vocation, see your old friends alot more, and party!

Okay, just kidding.

Of course the real moral of this story is that I was reminded of our main goal of heaven.



1 comment:

  1. I definitely need to read that book. I should have asked for it for Christmas. And I totally agree that we need to plan our lives around our vocations. The world would be so much better if we did that!

    ReplyDelete