Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Novena

Ha! I'm only a day late. This prayer is a tradition for my family (even though we've only been saying it for a few years; traditions have to start sometime ;-) ). Starting on the feast of St. Andrew (November 30), you recite this prayer 15 times a day until Christmas. Happy Advent!

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires, through the merits of Our Saviour Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Um, I'm definitely doing this. I'm starting a little late, but oh well. Maybe when I'm in history class, and everything is dead silent, I'll burst out into this prayer. Yeah. I'm just that cool. And so are Jesus and Mary. We're the cool trio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bonus points if you an get an atheist to join in.

    ReplyDelete