Sunday, August 30, 2009

College 1

Hello fellow courtly ladies!

Here's to fellowship and laughter and homework and tests and too many activities and overinvolvement and being up to one's neck and redundancy and repetition and redundancy and saying the same thing over and over and over and over...

hahahahahahhahahahahhhahaaaaaaaa

So. College has been lovely so far. I can't wait to here about our freshmen's experiences!! But in the meantime, I will fill you in on the most important details:

1. my theology class is epic!! The teacher is funny, intense, knows so much about Islam and Christianity, yet is still a strong Catholic, has a cool middle Eastern accent, is cute (but married:-( ), and gives us awesome reading assignments. (E.g., for one day on Christian reason, he assigns us a chapter from the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe...so cool!)

Oh, and did I mention my 'bf' (*giggle, giggle, blush*) is in it with me too? One more reason it is epic.

2. I have another class in which I work one on one with a child with autism. And my girl is awesome! She is a music savant, and not only has perfect pitch, but can also listen to a song and sing it right back, as if she were recording it in her head. It is so interesting how her brain can do that, but it can't carry on a conversation...

3. I went camping this last weekend and had an epicly good time. S'mores all around. And remind me to tell you about how my friend and I stole our guy friend's car and hid it. It makes a very good, although convoluted, story! (*laughs mischievously*)

4. Last but not least, I found out that I can go to Washington D.C. for fall break! I get to study Evangelium Vitae and other works on life issues and then go see what people are doing in D.C. to promote life. I am so blessed and e-x-c-i-t-e-d!!!

5. It is now 1:30 and past my bedtime. I will talk to you again soon. Please let me know how you are all doing! I miss you and I will pray for you all.

Love,
Juliet

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I love hearing about things like this! :) Although, I must say I did a double take when I saw you wrote that you'd stolen someone's car. I'm tellin' ya, those college kids... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear a convoluted car-stealing story. Hopefully you've been to confession since then.

    ReplyDelete