On this blog I will be known as Jessica. She is not my favorite Shakespearean character, but The Merchant of Venice is my favorite Shakespeare play. Although back in ninth grade I was completely lost in the Shakespearean language (Cliff notes were invented for people like me), by the end I managed to love the story and cleverness of it all. The Merchant of Venice is actually the only Shakespeare play I've ever read. However, this coming school year holds a Shakespeare class, in which I will read seven or eight. Thus, my posts may contain references to Mr. Shakespeare, as well as the other amazing people I meet.
Besides Mr. Shakespeare, there are other great writers. Such as Lady Celia. Congratulations on making a marvelous blog. Your introduction was great! My writing may not be so well thought out or interesting. Due to my occupation of teaching swimming lessons, my brain seems to be slightly water logged. What's left of my brain is being devoted to college applications etc. That being said, (or written) the only quote I can readily think of is one that my six-year-old neighbor siad last night. We were all around the swimming pool, when he said "I'm pretty much the nicest person here." He said it with such complete conviction, that my Mom and I could not stop laughing for quite some time. Of course, the nicest person there was my Mom, who allowed us to be given an above ground swimming pool. While the price was "free," she was willing to have this child magnet in our yard, and watch all the kids in it. We have seen neighbor kids that have not talked to us for a while. It is actually really fun, and needless to say, we have gotten no packing done for our upcoming trip. More on that later....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great post Jessica! Our blog is finally getting off the ground.
ReplyDeletehaha! I love the complete honesty of young children. They say what they think-no pretences, no padding the truth. And absolutely no tact! :D
ReplyDelete