All the world's a stage,/And all the men and women merely players./They have their exits and their entrances/And each man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages. ~Jacques, William Shakespeare’s As You Like It
Greetings and salutations to you! I shall be known to you all as Lady Celia, a name chosen from William Shakespeare’s As You Like it. I selected Celia because she is a character of great courage, feeling and sensibility who possesses an infinite loyalty to her friends, family and above all what she knows to be right. These are areas in which I strive to mature and grow as a young Catholic woman who is about to embark on the next part of my journey into adulthood, college. Since I have been homeschooled through grade school and high school I expect college to be a great change in my life. However, I trust that with the good religious and academic foundation my parents have given me, as well as the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the transition will be easier. I take delight in many pursuits such as music, especially piano and voice, art, theater, dance and reading. Several authors I particularly enjoy are Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Charles Dickens and P.G. Wodehouse.
For the past ten years my co-authors and I have been a part of a group for Catholic girls and young women dedicated to St. Therese of the Little Flower. Through this group we have endeavored to emulate St. Therese and her “little way”, as well as to study the feminine virtues and arts. The purpose of this blog is to share our thoughts, reflections, experiences and observations as Catholic young women making the transition from adolescence to adulthood. This blog is our gift, as the oldest group of the Little Flowers, to our younger sisters in Christ. Of course, our blog is open to all who wish to grow in Christian femininity and follow Christ.
St. Therese of the Little Flower, pray for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Whoo-hoo! The blog is now officially up and running! Thank you Celia for that marvelous first post. :) Let the blogging begin!
ReplyDeleteExcellently put, Celia. The first post was definitely worth waiting for!
ReplyDeleteMarvelous. Your friend,
ReplyDeleteJessica