First thing to know about me: I'm a procrastinator.
You might have already guessed that.
Second thing to know about me: I'm very, very, very excited to begin this blog with these other dear friends of the heart! I love blogging, and to share a blog with these lovely ladies is simply a dream come true. Our next
A short history of our friendship: I've known dear Juliet (my older sister) ever since I was born into this world. As we grew up and ventured out into the wide, wide worlds of kindergarten and elementary school, we met the other lovely young ladies on this blog. By 3rd grade, we had all met each other (through church or various homeschool co-ops) and were well on our way to becoming best friends and bridesmaids in each other's weddings.
(I look good in blue, by the way. Just saying.)
Just recently, Jessica was noting how incredibly lucky we are to have been blessed with such friends. In a world that is constantly challenging our beliefs, mocking us, and undermining what we believe, it is an amazing and rare blessing to have a group of such supportive Catholic girl friends. We've all literally grown up together, and what a joy it's been-and what fun it's been! We've been through 9 years of Little Flowers Girl Club, several years of Bible Study and book clubs, and years of seeing each other at church virtually every week. A very happy result of those years is that our worldviews have been cast in nearly identical molds. It's honestly such a relief to have friends who understand how you think and why you think what you think. My favorite quote about friendship, which applies very aptly to our situation: "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'" ---C.S. Lewis (Love that guy.) How nice to know you're not the only one.
Each of us, however, as we go through life and go through our different experiences, have developed our own unique twist on our common ideology. We have each been influenced by different events and circumstances, and that has created a wonderful variation between us. What I love about growing up with these friends is that I have witnessed their transformation from the girls that I met as a child to the strong young women that they are today. I am priveleged to call them all friends. I'm eternally grateful that we have this blog where we can share our thoughts, reflections, feelings, and laughs. I predict we'll be sharing a lot of laughs. That's basically the core of our friendship. As anyone can tell you, I'm a huge fan of laughter. Did you know that in China, they have exercise classes where they bring in comedians to make themselves laugh for exercise? Laughing burns calories, and is really good for the abs. Besides being a soothing balm for your soul, laughing is also healthy. Who knew?
Also, I predict you'll be hearing about college. As Celia and Portia leave for college, Juliet returns to college, and Jessica and I search for colleges, I'm sure you'll be hearing lots and lots about college. Get ready to get sick from all the college talk, all the college stress, and all the college fun.
That was a long post! I wasn't expecting it to be that long, honest. To conclude: We'll keep you all in our prayers and enjoy the blog! St. Therese, pray for us.

That was lovely, Desdemona. *wipes away tear* Now that the intros are done let the zaniness... erm... I mean intelligent and insightful conversations begin. Hehe.
ReplyDeleteIf you hadn't already noticed, dearest Celia, I had started the zaniness with that whole Austen-Facebook post. *ahem* Anyway, a very lovely first post, Desdemona. You and Celia have done an admirable job in displaying our ability to be deep and thought-provoking. Sigh. If only I could do the same...
ReplyDelete