That is the lot of the freshman, and I have felt it distinctly ever since the sophomores, juniors and seniors have arrived on campus. Juliet, as a note from one of the resident freshmen on this blog, BE KIND, BE VERY KIND TO ANY FRESHMEN you may meet during your studies. They will thank you most sincerely.
I have made it through orientation, and classes, real honest-to-goodness college classes begin tomorrow morning at the ungodly hour of 8:30. Breakfast is at 7:30. I am not a morning person. It does not help that the three classes that I have tomorrow are intimidating. All of my classes are intimidating. Sigh. Life is intimidating.
And I'm just a bit homesick.
Actually, a lot homesick.
I'm not sure how I'll survive the next four months, but God willing, I will make it to the other side.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey, fellow freshman! *hugs* We can be super homesick together.
ReplyDeleteAww, thanks! *passes Celia a kleenex*
ReplyDeleteI have soberly digested your advice and am acting on it. I smother that patronizing smile that automatically comes to my sophomoric face upon seeing a freshman and instead squeeze out a slightly more congenial and kind look before I scramble into the comforting presence of other sophomores (and juniors...yeah I'm just that cool that I hang out with the upper classmen... ;-) )
ReplyDeleteNo seriously, I hope your week has been going well, despite the early rise! At least your week was rainy like ours. I feel as if I have seasonal affective disorder--in AUGUST...so weird.
*hugs all freshman in the universe*
ReplyDelete*especially Portia and Celia*
*gulps, thinking that in one year's time, she'll be in the same boat*