Monday, October 12, 2009

Sickness, attack of the snowflakes, and a newcomer

Dear me, I woke up at 6:00am to shower, finish my homework, get ready, and head off to school. Instead, I went back to bed at 6:45 because I felt really sick. How does motivated energy turn into sickness? Maybe it was because of the brownie and taco I had for breakfast. What? Brownies and tacos are a better combination than you might think--just not for breakfast, apparently. Anyway, I woke up to a winter wonderland. It's not even winter. Does Minnesota and autumn have a bad relationship? They must. Minnesota just decided to skip autumn. I bet autumn is sorely needing the attention of people declaring their love of the beautifully colored trees, the crisp air, the warm apple cider, the freshly picked apples, the pumpkins, etc. Thanks for ruining our beloved season, Minnesota. Now we just have to skip right to sledding, hot cocoa, warm, fuzzy blankets, crackling fires, cozy jackets, and frozen feet (I happen to lack necessary footwear for winter). Lovely.

Oh, I'm a newcomer. Almost all of you already know this. The name is Cordelia. Call me Cord. Or Delia (add an apostrophe and a 's' to it and you have "Delia's", which is a very cute clothing store). Or Cordel. Or Del. Or Lia. Whichever one you prefer. I plan to make your lives happier with my blogs. Aren't I so very generous? I think so. Here's for starters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkHV6THFoDs

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog. Hope you feel better, especially be Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A thousand welcomes, hugs, and kisses for Cordelia! I'm so glad you're here with us!
    Your first post was exemplary-I'm looking forward to many more! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to grind it into your soul, it was 90 here today. Love ya, Cordy!

    ReplyDelete