IS THE CROSS YOU WEAR TOO HEAVY TO BEAR?
>
> Complainingly I told myself,
> "this cross is too heavy to wear"
> And I wondered discontentedly
> why God gave it to me to bear.
> And I looked with envy at others
> whose crosses seemed lighter than mine
> And wished that I could change my cross
> for one of a lighter design -
> And then, in a dream, I beheld the cross
> I impulsively wanted to wear,
> It was fashioned of pearls and diamonds
> and gems that were precious and rare.
> And when I hung it around my neck
> the weight of the jewels and the gold
> Was much too heavy and cumbersome
> for my small, slender neck to hold -
> So I tossed it aside and before my eyes
> was a cross of rose-red flowers
> And I said with delight as I put it on,
> "this cross I can wear for hours" -
> For it was so dainty and fragile,
> so lovely and light and thin,
> But I had forgotten about the thorns
> that started to pierce my skin -
> And then in my dream I saw "my cross,"
> rugged and old and plain,
> That clumsy old cross I had looked upon
> with discontented disdain -
> And at last I knew that God had made
> this "special cross for me,"
> For God in His great wisdom knew
> what I before could not see,
> That often the loveliest crosses
> are the heaviest crosses to bear,
> For only God is wise enough
> to choose the cross we can wear -
> So never complain about YOUR CROSS,
> for your cross has been blessed,
> God made it JUST FOR YOU to wear
> and remember, GOD KNOWS BEST!
>
Enjoy Saturday, college applications, college, and whatever else today holds for ya'll.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thank you so much for posting this! I wonder if I could get it framed?
ReplyDeleteThis is just perfect. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks muchly, dear!