Friday, October 2, 2009

The Week in a Nutshell

1) Sunday: Panicked over algebra exam on Monday. Fretted over props. Slogged through Leviticus.

2) Monday: Algebra exam. Only 13 correct answers needed to pass. The quadratic equation is a life-saver. The square root of 7569 is 87.

3) Tuesday: Crammed at the last minute for seminar, which turned out to be a very fruitful class.

4) Wednesday: The sweetest nuns in the world came to the college today: active Norbertine sisters from Slovakia looking to start a house in southern California held a recruiting day.

5) Thursday: Feast-day of St. Therese, patron of my dorm. Sugar + games + giggly girls = fun. Adoration was a blast, too.

6) Friday: Opening concert of the year with some awesome Baroque music. Then, the tutors creamed the students at a game of trivial pursuit.

7) Saturday: Junior-Freshman dance. Semi-formal dance. I have nothing to wear. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaah! (And 3 1/2 hours of work-study)

Ponder your own relaxed existence, O Jessica and Desdemona, and REJOICE in the fact that you don't have to be anywhere at 8:30 in the morning.

5 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I love your guys' blog! Very original.
    Following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy yet super fun week! I hope you found something to wear for the dance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did. No pictures, though. It was a gold satin strapless, but I wore a black blouse underneath to dress-code it (dress-code, 1, n., a list of rules governing dress. 2, v., the act of making a particular piece of clothing or entire sartorial ensemble conform to said dress code. 3, adj., having the quality of conforming to said dress code). You get to be an expert at it after a while, and that is a whole 'nother blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh...I shall look forward to this blog post about the dress code! I think it'll be a good one!

    ReplyDelete