Well, as college settles into the dull rhythms of ordinary life (read, I no longer need a schedule to find my next class), I have auditioned for a series of one act plays to be performed on campus. Callbacks were this evening, and the cast list goes up tomorrow. Sometime. Until then, I will be checking the bulletin board and my box approximately every 15 minutes when I'm not in class.
And then I will (hopefully) have lines to memorize in addition to all that reading. And the bug project (due next Monday). And our Algebra exam on the 28. And we haven't even had our paper assigned for seminar yet. Stress much! But very fun. Weekends are essential for college survival. Coffee, too. Lots and lots of lovely coffee....
Next semester, a group of students will also be putting on a performance of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night (which happens to be one of my favoritest). If I have the time and energy, I plan on auditioning for it as well.
The wonders, terrors, and glories of college life are just beginning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

AHHH!! YAY! I SO hope you make it! I'm praying for you, knocking on wood, and crossing my fingers for you!
ReplyDeleteI hope to write all of you collegiate women real authentic snail mail, however, posting on the internet is just so much faster. But your snail mail will be coming...
ReplyDeleteAnd I did make it in! I'm in "This is a Test", about someone taking a test (no, really?). It has a lot more room for improv and adapting the script than the other two, so I hope to have fun getting to know the other college actors as well as performing it. I don't know when rehearsals start, but it will be performed the weekend of November 14.
ReplyDelete