Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Summer

Around this time of the year, I always get really pensive-I spend a lot of time looking over the summer, analyzing and thinking over the events of the summer, and thinking of all the lessons I've learned this summer.
I think I've learned many, many things, most importantly:
God makes all things work out for the good. Throughout this summer, I've been touched and amazed by how well God has woven together the tangled, crazy threads of my life to create a beautiful masterpiece and story. It's awe-inspiring, heartbreaking and just incredible.

I've learned that a large part of being mature is knowing when and how to act on feelings that emerge.

I've learned that the reason I get up everyday is to LOVE-love my neighbor, love God, love my friends, love my family. Spread joy and peace and happiness and bubblegum everywhere I go.

I've learned that if you spread that love and joy to others, they'll recognize it as Christ's love, and they'll respond.

And one of the biggest lessons I learned this summer was the importance of friendship (well, that was a lesson I've been learning this whole entire school year). I realized how important all my friends are to me and how much I love them. A thought came to me-I get to spend eternity with these people! How cool is that? It's not like we're ever going to stop having to deal with each other-we're going to know each other in Heaven, we might as well keep knowing each other here on earth. Sorry, girls, you're suck with me. :)

So...
What have you learned this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment