What are ya'll giving up for Lent? Are nursing homes and hospitals finding little angels in them? Will little brothers and sisters/room mates find their beds magically made for them for the next forty mornings? I'm basically doing the following:
No sinning all of Lent. That's it. My goal. Yes, I know what you're thinking. Impossible right, but is it? I mean, when your little brothers mess up the bathroom everyday and you have to clean it, you are completely happy. If a pile of school work is climbing higher than you can see, perseverance is easy. When you realize that high school is almost completely over and you have to move away-bravery is natural. Of course, the easiest thing to do is wakeup and 5:45 a.m. and go to 6:15 a.m. Mass.
Due to the fact that is might actually be impossible to not commit any sins for the entire forty days, I'm giving up treats, TV, and eating between meals. Don't ask me how I'll survive without caffeine when I drive eight hours with two cousins (one is a junior and the other is a senior in high school) to visit a college. More on that to come.....

Awesome idea for a post! I always love hearing the ideas of others about what to give up or do for Lent. I have a couple friends who are going to go to Daily Mass, one who is going to the Grotto every night, one who's giving up breadsticks, one who's going Vegan...everyone has such awesome goals.
ReplyDeleteThis year, I'm going to renounce gum (probably to the horror of my friends who will discover due to the lack of mint gum that I eat a lot of hummus...) and sweets and go to the Grotto more often.
Awesome goals!!
ReplyDeleteI've decided to work on these four things:
Renouncing (sweets & Facebook)
Practicing (Charity-NOT correcting/bossing the sibs. :P Being an angel of peace, not a justice of peace)
Fasting
Reading --Orthodoxy, by Chesterton, and if I finish that, possibly Theology of the Body. :)