Hello Shakespearean ladies!
I'm back safely in my Dome-i-cile (ahahaha) and miss you all very much. You all made my break so beautiful and I'm so blessed that you are in my life!
Yesterday, I was reading the book "Raising Catholic Children" by Mary Ann Kuharski in the bus ride (holding it very carefully so that no one else in the bus could see what I was reading and start to wonder :-) ) and there was a chapter on the lady's grandma. What Mary Ann said was that grandma's have a unique ability for making you feel like you are turning into a fine young lady, an ability greater than pretty much anyone else's. Her grandma would take her on special girl outings or buy her than fancy Easter dress.
In my life, I think that is true. I remember one time a while back when I was walking to church with my Grandma D. She took one of my hands in hers and said, "You have my hands, dear. They're beautiful-very small and lovely."
In my opinion, my hands are short and pudgy and NOT good for playing the piano (therefore not ideal at all). But because Grandma loved them and because I have "Grandma's hands", I have always accepted my hands for who they are. :-) That may seem trivial, but I don't think so. I'll always treasure my Grandma's compliment, and I'll always love the fact that I have "her hands". I DO feel as if my hands are ladylike because of her!
Has anyone else experienced the magic of a Grandma's compliment or good deed that made them feel more like a young lady?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

"Dome-i-cile". ^_^ ^_^
ReplyDeleteI love this, dear.
One of the most treasured compliments I received was a Grandma compliment. I remember Da Jane saying something about my "alabaster complexion." So many girls I know are self-conscious about their pale, Minnesota, decidedly un-tanned skin. I think Da Jane's words are the reason I've always been content with my lot. :)
Grandma's are da bomb. Mi abuela taught me to knit and also gave me the pattern that she has used forever.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I've had the opportunity to hide a book in a bus on the way to a Cross Country meet. It was the "Secrets of Boys" book Desdemona borrowed me, which obviously could have led to some awkward conversations...