Sunday, March 25, 2012

undressing modest dress

An interesting article, with an interesting perspective.

I agree with the author's main point, which is: modesty comes from transcending concern about our appearance and our body. When we are truly modest, we don't worry about whether or skirt hits exactly at the knee (or at the ankle--whatever your personal modesty rules entail), nor do we concern ourselves that our shirts are too low or high or sleeves are too see-through or cut right. I believe that an undue concern with modesty rules is detrimental. What I believe many modest fashionistas have proved is that truly fashionable and stylish clothing is always modest. Focus on being a beautiful dresser, and you will be a modest dresser.
Also, modesty, as a fruit of the Holy Spirit, is automatically present when other virtues shine forth. Cultivate virtues such as love, courage, humility, purity, and prudence, and modesty will naturally follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment