Firstly, a slight reflection on the word memoir:
Memoir is a much more enticing word than biography. A memoir is memories, personal impressions, what a person sees as important about one, particular episode or period of life. A biography must grapple with facts, reciting the events of one person's life from birth to death, inclusive. Plus, memoir is taken from a French word; biography from the Greek. Which language strikes you as more elegant and intriguing?
Secondly, a brief rant about Ironman 2:
During the climactic encounter with the Bad Guys, Scarlett Johansson's character strips down to her undergarments and dons a skintight...something. Honestly, I couldn't tell what it was supposed to be. Sure, it might be a little inconvenient to fight the villain's minions in the secretary's de rigueur pencil skirt, but really? Is it that much more realistic that she would take five minutes to change into a shrink-wrap bodysuit before taking out the security guards? Blurgh (that is a disgusted noise, FYI). Would they make a male sidekick change from suit to speedo? Hazarding a guess here, I'd say no.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

A) I'm on Team Memoir! Holler. Kudos to you for using the word enticing. :)
ReplyDeleteB) AGGH (frustrated noise)! As much as I adore superhero movies, the "let's have women dress in clothes that indicate their dignity as Daughters of God and Women of Virtue" factor is sadly lacking from most action movies. I think it's that whole <> idea... :P :P HIGHLY unfortunate...And that's a major issue in our world(as I think we discussed at some point?): the whole point of being able to have freedom, choices, options, etc., is so that you can make the right choices, the responsible choices, the good choices. Why waste your freedom choosing something that'll enslave and degrade you?