A woman can now choose to become a doctor, a lawyer, a plumber, the local garbageman -- even to seek election as President of these United States. But if you glance behind the steering wheel of a Mustang or a Corvette, what are you going to see? A man. Behind the wheel of a BMW? An old man. Feminists may prattle on about glass ceilings in the realms of art, writing, politics, or academia, about salary disparities, lack of career options, or "the oppressive patriarchy" which has apparently stifled us for centuries, but the real barrier that women face isn't a glass ceiling at all -- it is a windshield. Why aren't women out on the streets, the top down on their Porsche 911? Why aren't feminists concerned over this disparity of female to male motorists? The fact is, respected readers, that I smell a conspiracy.
If the feminists of America, yea, even of the world, were really so very anxious about the complete and total equality of the sexes, they would not stop with the apparent autonomy that many women now revel in. They would not rest until we had gained an equal representation in all aspects of life, including the driver's seat. Instead, they remain mute on this issue, which leads me to wonder whether they are lining their pockets at the expense of their sisters in the field. Most car manufacturing companies are controlled by men, after all, and what would suit their interests more than a dearth of female drivers? Feminists claim that they seek this total equality of the sexes, yet I have not read one article or essay, heard one interview that addresses this most grievous of inequalities. And where else would feminists get the money to pay for all of those hideous pantsuits?
So, my fellow women, do not accept these red herrings of women's ordination or reproductive rights. Demand from them what you truly deserve: a Lamborghini Murcielago.

I concur! I demand my right as a woman to own and drive a Lamborghini Murcielago. Seriously though, I have spotted a tiny hole in your conspiracy theory, as I come from a long line of female Mustang owners. ;-)
ReplyDeleteYeah, I've just been doing an informal survey of the roads around our house. I did see an old lady in a beemer the other day, though, so my theory isn't flawless, but there are certainly some unexplained goings-on between the car industry and the rad-fems.
ReplyDeleteThe sad thing is that it took me a good 2 minutes to realize this was a sarcastic post... :) The good thing is that it made me laugh. A lot. so...Shall we forget the consignment store shopping and go BMW shopping pronto??
ReplyDeleteI'm just so glad you posted this...So glad... :)
ReplyDeleteI want to drive an Aston Martin before I die.
ReplyDelete