Saturday, November 28, 2009

This question has been thrown in my face on Facebook, MSN, Hotmail, YAHOO, and other random websites:

"Would you date a vampire?"

Dun, dun, dun!

Um, no. I wouldn't. I don't care how many girls think that vampires are "sexy", I do not care for a lover of mine to find it invigorating to bite my neck in order to draw out my blood so that it can slide down his throat and into his intestine. That was probably more information than anyone needed to hear. Still, who can blame me for saying it? No girl will ever have a vampire as a boyfriend, so why continue discussing how romantic it would be to date one (besides, I still don't get how blood-sucking fangs are romantic)? Oh, and this whole "vegetarian vampire" delio thing in the Twilight series=WEIRD. A vegetarian vampire? That just makes me guffaw. Apparently a vampire can only be a vegetarian if he eats animals, not humans. Wouldn't that just make him a carnivore vampire? Isn't a vampire just a psychologically disturbed human? Oh wait, a vampire is also a bat. Dude, word up, this is way more mind twisting than I thought. I'm just going to drop the subject and let girls dream about dating bats disguised as humans.

If you were sitting on Jesus' lap right now, and He asked you to tell him your Christmas wishes, what would you say? I think in this scenerio, I would feel inclined to tell Him my deepest desires. Yes, I would love world peace, end of starvation, and a morally steadfast world, but those are all generalizations of terrible things. Behind the idea of world peace is a picture depicting the reasons why there never has and never will be world peace. Behind the idea of ending starvation is a picture depicting the reasons why there always has and always will be constant hunger. Behind the idea of a morally steadfast world is a picture depicting the reasons why there never has and never will be a united people with the same principles and understandings. These things can never happen in this time, at least. And why? My answer has and always will be "love". Love is at the very root of things. Love enables us to be peacemakers, to be generous, to want good. So often, I think, people are unable to truly understand what love is. Is love a feeling? Is love a chemical? Is love a choice? I don't believe love can ever be clearly defined because it is so complex. There are certainly many examples of love, but can love be described in a few simple sentences? I think an entire book could be written on the concept of love, and it would still not be clearly defined. I think this is because love is the very core of God. I definitely think we can reach this core--we ourselves can internally understand what love is--but it is impossible to explain with words. Hence the saying, "Actions Speak Louder Than Words". :)

Well, I'm about ready to drop dead with fatigue. I love that word. It sounds so sophisticated. Fatigue. Fatigue. Yes, it's wonderful.

3 comments:

  1. Dude, Word up! :D Great, awesome post, Cordy! I love your point about "Actions speak louder than words." We can talk ourselves silly trying to explain love and such, but what it boils down to is we have to go out and live love. Just as Faith without works is dead, maybe Love without works is dead?

    ReplyDelete